Verizon Makes Maplecroft Climate Innovation Benchmark List
Wireless network company Verizon Communications has been listed on the Maplecroft Climate Innovation Benchmark Index (CII), among 300 of the largest companies in the US, for its efforts in reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
In the reportAccording to the report, Verizon's strengths include policies and procedures to reduce greenhouse gas emissions; programs to encourage innovation related to those emissions and energy conservation; and partnerships and public disclosures.
The Maplecroft CII lists, which are calculated by global financial news company Bloomberg, provide investors with useful insight into companies with climate-related innovations and carbon management systems. To make the list, companies must meet over 100 climate-related performance criteria across five pillars:
* Management: principles, policies, targets, verification, and supply chain processes
* Risk Mitigation of carbon emissions through policy responsiveness, partnerships and efficiency
* Data and Trends: visible reduction of GHG emissions and energy consumption, and increase in reporting scope
* Innovation: new technologies or initiatives that capitalize on climate-related market opportunities and generate sustained competitive advantage.
* Adaptation by modeling climate impacts and changing company strategy and operations.
In the report, Maplecroft states Verizon institutes policies and procedures to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, provides programs to encourage innovation related to those emissions and energy conservation, and maintains partnerships and public disclosures.
Article continues: http://sustainablelifemedia.com/content/story/brands/verizon_makes_maplecroft_climate_innovation_benchmark_list