A Holiday Gift to Go Wild About: African Wildlife Foundation Launches Adopt-an-Animal Campaign for Holidays
It is hard to believe, but another holiday gift giving season is just around the corner. Just in the nick of time, the African Wildlife Foundation has launched a new adopt-an-animal campaign that will help ensure survival for three precious wild animals in Africa, and will give your loved ones something to go wild about too.
For as little as 25 dollars ($25) you can adopt one of three individual animals struggling to survive amidst unusual circumstances:
- Charles, a mountain gorilla who became the leader of his family at a very young age;
- Auntie Botlhe, the surviving lioness of her pride who has "adopted" two younger cubs since the rest of the pride was poisoned; or
- Oltupai, a patriarch elephant feared killed by poachers, whom researchers discovered living several hundred miles to the south.
Or, if you prefer, you can give a larger wildlife-saving gift by choosing to adopt a whole family of gorillas, elephants, or lions for 75 dollars ($75). Both adoption gifts are tax-deductible.
Each adoption gift package includes:
- a certificate of adoption (suitable for framing)
- a factsheet featuring the animal you chose to adopt
- a plush toy
- one-year membership, including AWF's quarterly newsletter African Wildlife News
To adopt Charles, Auntie Botlhe or Oltupai, log onto www.awf.org/holiday. Orders must be received by December 1st to ensure delivery by December 24th.