Read ENN.com in complete confidence that your privacy will be protected. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. When a user subscribes to ENN's Daily E-mail Newsletter, personal information and e-mail address are used for subscriber maintenance only. On occasion, ENN shares subscriber e-mail addresses only to selected third parties for the purpose of distributing special offers that we feel may be of interest to our readers.
Log file information is collected by ENN including IP addresses, domain name, pages visited, access times and browser type. This information is not shared with any third party groups. The log file data is used only for in house marketing purposes.
ENN also collects information via polls, questionnaires, surveys and threaded discussion groups. Participants in the discussion groups can remain anonymous or omit email addresses. Chat groups and forums are considered public information and by adding email addresses may increase the possibilities of receiving unsolicited mail by the public but not from ENN. We highly recommend that the user exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in such open forums. Information we collect via polls and surveys is strictly confidential and is used primarily for marketing purposes, customer service and to weigh the satisfaction of our users.
As an example, when a poll is submitted at ENN, a cookie is placed in the client cookie file that says that computer has already taken the poll. If the poll opinion is submitted more than once, the poll software will notice the cookie on the client machine and disregard the second attempt. These cookies expire once the poll has run its course or are no longer needed.
- Cookies are not related to any personal information and are not used to retrieve information from a computer that was not originally contained in a cookie.
- Cookies cannot get information from a hard drive against the will of the user, destroy files, send viruses, etc. and cookies can only contain as much information as disclosed to the site that sent it to you.
- Some of our cookies are long-term, like those with the ability to remember your username and password, but most of them do expire after a short period of time.
- Remember that cookies are small files (just a few hundred bytes) and won't pose any significant disk-space concerns.
- The user can remove any and all cookies from the hard drive any time they wish by searching the system for any files named "cookie.txt" or similar and can be deleted at the users discretion.
- Users are advised that if they disable the cookies feature on their computer they may experience trouble navigating through the ENN site.
For questions concerning the third party groups used on the ENN site go to:
Double Click: http://www.doubleclick.com/us/corporate/privacy/
The information given to ENN.com, including, but not limited to, all posted information, all user information submitted to ENN.com, and all user information collected by cookies for the purposes of counting and personalization, remains confidential and password protected in a secure environment. Employees of ENN have individual passwords but not all employees have access to the secure server in which the user information is stored.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, please contact us