Green Manufacturing Retooling Projects 2.5 Million New Jobs
A multi-state advertising and advocacy campaign calling for federal investments in "green" manufacturing is about to kick off.
If the nation can transition to 25 percent of U.S. electricity generation to renewables, it would result in 2.5 million jobs in related industries, the campaign states.
The Apollo Alliance, a national coalition of business, labor, environmental and community leader, just released its Green Manufacturing Action Plan.
According to a press release, the plan calls for:
- Direct federal funding for clean energy manufacturers to retool facilities and retrain workers to develop, produce and commercialize clean energy technologies.
- Tying federal support to manufacturers' ability to meet labor and "Made in America" content standards.
- Federal support to streamline the clean energy components supply chain to make American producers more competitive.
- Increased federal Green Jobs Act funding to enable the American workforce to meet the demands of a clean energy economy.
- Creation of a Presidential Task Force on Clean Energy Manufacturing to coordinate the federal government’s efforts and increase our international competitiveness.