ENN Releases App for Android Users
February 23, 2015 09:14 AM - ENN Editor
Last month ENN launched a new mobile app available at the iTunes store making it easier for you to connect with us and stay up to date with groundbreaking environmental news. Now, ENN releases the mobile app at Google Play, making it compatible for Android users.
ENN is more than just a gatherer of environmental news but rather a unique set of resources, archives, tools, and experts for the increasingly complex field of environmental science attracting readers from all levels of government, business and academia.
Apple users can download the app at the iTunes store.
Android users can download the app at Google Play.
Make sure you click on the app with the logo shown here.
More in Regulatory
When people think of genetically modified organisms, food crops like GM corn and soybeans usually come to mind. But engineering more complex living things is now possible, and the controversy surrounding genetic modification has now spread to the lowly mosquito, which is being genetically engineered to control mosquito-borne illnesses.
A U.K.-based company, Oxitec, has altered two genes in the Aedes aegypti mosquito so that when modified males breed with wild females, the offspring inherit a lethal gene and die in the larval stage. The state agency that controls mosquitos in the Florida Keys is awaiting approval from the federal government of a trial release of Oxitec’s genetically modified mosquitos to prevent a recurrence of a dengue fever outbreak. But some people in the Keys and elsewhere are up in arms, with more than 155,000 signing a petition opposing the trial of genetically engineered mosquitoes in a small area of 400 households next to Key West.
Member Press Releases
- Honey Bee Rescue Network Created in California Thanks to Generous Support of Pacific Gas and Electric Company
June 19, 2015 12:20 AM - Pollinator Partnership
- Introduction of Highways BEE Act Great for Pollinators
June 18, 2015 08:38 AM - Pollinator Partnership
- Nonprofits, Industry, Universities Join Together in Third Year of
Research to Keep Bees Safe during Corn Planting
June 17, 2015 09:14 AM - Pollinator Partnership
- Pollinator Week 2015 Unites America in Conservation Action for Pollinators - All 50 State Governors Sign Proclamations!
June 16, 2015 01:51 AM - Pollinator Partnership
- Proyecto Mirador Announces 100,000th Stove!
June 12, 2015 12:09 PM - Proyecto Mirador
- As Federal Environmental Leaders Convene GreenGov
Soy is Inside Sustainability SolutionsJune 9, 2015 11:36 AM - United Soybean Board
- National Pollinator Garden Network Launches Million Pollinator Garden Challenge
June 4, 2015 09:14 AM - National Pollinator Garden Network
- Monarch Migration Gets a Boost from Ohio Collaboration
May 28, 2015 09:10 AM - Pollinator Partnership